The cloth diapering community is comprised of a unique collection of families who often share similar parenting philosophies. Because cloth diapering is not yet mainstream, there is almost always a connection made when one cloth diaperer encounters another while out and about. Having just purchased limited edition prints for the first time last night, despite vowing never to do so AND having a potty training toddler with no baby on the horizon, I had a chuckle to myself when I thought about all of the funny things we cloth diapering parents do. I came up with these 15 cloth diapering “truths”:
1. At playdates, you find yourself checking out what diapers all of the other babies are wearing.
2. Cloth diapering has made you part of a Guinness World Record [at least one time].
3. Driving an hour or more, just to shop for cloth diapers in-person, doesn’t seem outlandish to you.
4. You take your cloth diapering role seriously, and serve as a cloth diaper advocate at every opportunity.
5. You’ve contemplated starting blogging or vlogging to share your love of cloth diapers.
6. You have a Pinterest board dedicated to…cloth diapers.
7. You’ve contemplated making your own diapers OR have suddenly become crafty and made your own diapers.
8. You think the term WAHM only refers to [super cute] cloth diapers.
9. You’ve been able to fashion a cloth diaper, out of ANYTHING, in a diaper emergency. (a receiving blanket, a snappi, & cover saved my little one’s butt on one occasion)
10. You know that flats and prefolds are gateway diapers, and know that if you can master cloth diapering with the basics, you can handle almost anything.
11. You’ve made friends through cloth diapering.
12. You’ve considered, or adopted one [or more] of the following practices: babywearing, mama cloth, and/or family cloth
13. You believe coconut oil is a miracle substance, great in the kitchen, good on the bum, and excellent for any first aid issues (or anything, really).
14. Acronyms such as AIO, AI2, Pocket, are part of your every day vernacular.
15. You get excited about limited edition print releases. *sigh*
What cloth diapering ‘truths’ have you discovered along the way?