To use an incredibly overused term, I am a voracious reader. As in, I read nightly and have been devouring 2-3 books a week lately. My reading tastes have changed a lot over the years — as a child I loved science fiction, and began reading Stephen King and Ray Bradbury in elementary school (I think I was 10 when I read King’s Pet Cemetery).
Save $5 off your first order with this Book Outlet COUPON.
My teens and twenties found me cultivating a taste for literary fiction, and then my publishing career had me reading young adult titles for work. In essence, I went from a pretty picky reader to one with extremely varied tastes. I love the beauty of Asian writing, and the rock solid elements of literary fiction, but have a soft spot for dystopian and zombie fiction (especially now that I’m a mom — I find that I prefer lighter pieces that don’t require me to navigate the intricacies of language and nuance as much). These days I’m reading a lot of science fiction, as in real deal science fiction (spaceships, galaxies, you name it!), as well as some paranormal fiction. If it’s entertaining, I’ll read it!
I firmly believe that readers make excellent writers, which means I’m working my craft even in my down time. But where am I going with this? Reading can an expensive hobby, but it doesn’t need to be! I’ve gotten creative with building my family’s library (my son has an extensive library of children’s books that goes from board books to middle grade books). I talk about some of my favorite ways to build a home library on a budget HERE.
I purchased a Kindle Paperwhite this past summer, and paired it with a Kindle Unlimited subscription, which is how I do 85% of my reading (no need to worry about running out of books…and that is a legitimate worry of mine!). The other 15% is comprised of a combination of library books, used books and new books. What if I told you that you could buy new books at just a fraction of the retail price?
I literally stumbled upon Book Outlet last month, while looking for a hard to find title for my son. I was like Alice down the rabbit hole once I came across Book Outlet’s site, and my shopping cart was quickly overflowing with titles (despite only arriving at the site to purchase ONE book)! Honest to goodness — I purchased over 20 books! Several writing books, a marketing book (Twitter Is Not A Strategy), and a lot of books for my son (these days I’m purchasing classic leveled readers).
Last week I was able to buy 20 books (for myself and my son) for only $30! I’m sharing my referral link so that you can save $5 off of your first purchase (you can thank me later)!
While I purchased 20 books, I only spent around $30. THIRTY DOLLARS, my friends, for twenty books! Ah-mazing. I have to be careful though because I can quickly find myself buying books I won’t ever read, just to have…books, and because Book Outlet has an immense selection of inexpensive books. They even offer sidelines at steep discounts — journals, notebooks, baby books, photo albums and more. And, if you’re an Ebates user (it’s free to join), you can save even more, earning 5% cash back on your Book Outlet purchases! So, what are you waiting for? Click the Facebook link above, or HERE, and use this Book Outlet coupon to save $5 off of your first order.
*This post contains referral links.